The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) will provide important information about state literacy requirements in a series of Regional Family Nights. Families of students in kindergarten through grade three are encouraged to attend one of these events to learn about the state literacy test and strategies that can be used at home to help students improve their reading skills.
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 6-7 p.m. - Holly Springs Primary School, 405 South Maury Street, Holly Springs
- Thursday, Sept. 8, 6-7 p.m. - McComb High School Cafeteria, 310 7th Street, McComb
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, 6-7 p.m. - Cleveland Central High School, 300 West Sunflower Road, Cleveland
- Tuesday, Sept. 13, 6-7 p.m. - McLaurin Elementary School, 170 Sgt. Prentiss Drive, Natchez
- Thursday, Sept. 15, 6-7 p.m. - Northwest Rankin Middle School Performing Arts Building, 5805 Highway 25, Flowood
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 6-7 p.m. - North Jackson Elementary, 650 James M. Davis Drive, Jackson
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 6-7 p.m. - Family Education Center, 3524 Prentiss Avenue, Moss Point
- Thursday, Sept. 22, 6-7 p.m. - Columbus School District Central Office, 2630 McArthur Drive, Columbus
- Thursday, Sept. 29, 6-7 p.m. - McCoy Elementary School, 1835 School Drive, Yazoo City
NO registration is required to attend.
MDE also provides wonderful resources that families can download and use at home to improve reading skills. Strong readers make strong leaders!